Stair lifts are more than simply a way to travel from the ground level of a home to the second story; they also signify mobility and freedom to an aging population.
It is only normal that some routine actions, such as mounting the stairs, become more difficult as time passes. Installing a stair lift is a low-cost common sense option for someone with reduced movement due to accident, disability, or chronic conditions such as arthritis and angina.
With today’s modern technology, practically any house, including those with curving staircases, can be outfitted with a stair lift. Before you buy a stair lift, make sure you utilize a competent and authorized provider that has expertise in this industry.
Here is a short and simple stair lift purchasing guide:
- If you are confused about which kind of stair lift is best for your house, get independent advice from your local social services’ Occupational Therapy Department.
- Inquire about the models offered by a manufacturer.
- Read sales material and brochures to learn about the various brands and kinds of stair lifts.
- Obtain many estimates from several firms, but ensure that they are for the same or ‘like for like’ models before comparing pricing.
- Confirm that the estimate includes both the supply and installation of the stair lift.
- If you have a curving staircase, request that the business examine it and provide you with a personalized price.
- Consider the after-sales service as well. What happens if your stair lift fails? Are repairs and maintenance included, or do you need to pay extra for a service contract?
- Before buying from a non-manufacturer, ensure that the firm is an authorised supplier; otherwise, they may be unable to receive replacement parts.
- And never purchase a stair lift from someone who is pressuring you to buy that day or who is pushing a certain stair lift on you. Salespeople are paid to close purchases and will often offer steep discounts to clinch the sale – but the model they want you to buy may not be suited for you.
If you are thinking about installing a stair lift in your house, the website listed below provides free information and unbiased guidance on the subject.
Installing a stair lift will provide you with easy, comfortable, and convenient access to your whole property. It is also far less expensive than the expense of converting your current house or relocating to a single-story dwelling.